- Are You Infected by Microservice Envy? - as with everything in our line of work we need to be aware of our choices and not just take the shiny new stuff. “We’re concerned that people see this hype in the marketplace and they see [the Microservice] style of architecture as a panacea. So they might jump into it more quickly than they are actually ready to,” explains Scott Shaw
- Learning Git bisect - This is a fantastic feature to finde the commit which created an issue/defect
- Open Source: A Small Guide for Newcomers - Is is not time to give something back to the community?
Ideas, Thoughts and process
- GROWS for Executives - i think this is an interesting view on Agile and also how it can be view from an executive view
- considerations on bug reporting in teams - great article on bug reporting.
- Advice on becoming a lead developer - I think this is a skillset everyone should aspire to achive.
- How-to convince someone to refactor their code
- Tools don’t solve the web’s problems, they ARE the problem - Interesting perspective on the problems of the web.
Podcast & Videos
- Simple Rules: How to Thrive in a Complex World
- Domain-Driven Security - I think this is an extremeliy interesting view on security. haing everythin immutable and all valueTypes an dDomain objects all validates them self to ensure security and validation as an important part of security
Software development - Pattern, Practices and architecture
- Design Patterns - Delegation - A delegate is an object that acts on behalf of, or in coordination with, another object when that object encounters an event in a program. I like these small article on patterns.
- YAGNI - Just in case you didn’t know about it, most of the time we do alot of work we don’t need to do, and just once in a while you should stop up and think about if you need it… there is no process for ensuring YAGNI but yourself.
- Degrees Of (Lock/Wait) Freedom - good article about threading and degrees of freedom.
- The ultimate programming language - interesting reply to this Less is more: language features
- When everything you know is wrong Part 1 Part 2 - a good read both of them
- Single Responsibility Principle - Another guide to SOLID - Single REsponsibility Principel.
- DDD – The aggregate - A super article on the aggregate concept, quick read with some great insights
- Mircoservices wtih C# and RabbitMQ - Article on implementing a microservice using RabbitMQ and C#, it think this i worth a read.
- Is a CQRS Command = GOF Command? (GOF = Gang of Four = the book on patterns) - This is a fantastic article! first it has some great idea on the GOF Command pattern and it describes the differences suprbly
- Toward Modelling Processes - Interesting view on modelling, i’m looking forward to the video.
- Event sourcing in pratice - Nice set of slides to explain ES.
- Event Sourcing Revisited LosTechies exploiring more of the concepts in Domain Driven design
- The Simplest Possible ASP.NET Web API Template - Pretty simple:)
- ConfigR: Look Mom, No XML - This looks interesting, especially if you are tired of Xml configurations
- First rule of performance optimisation - well i has some good learnings, you might learn something new after all.
- Revisiting the First Rule of Performance Optimisation: Effects of Escape Analysis - Follow up on the article above.
- Content Security Policy Tester - We should remember to use these headers!
- 10 awesome features of VS Code - More on this great little editor.
- Riemann monitors distributed systems. - This looks very interesting, i havent played with it yet. but im on my way:)
- Small Grunt.js examination - If you are curious about Grunt, read this.
- Notifying you of Changes to Notifications - On push notifications
- Create Node Task for Visual Studio Code - well VSCode is nice, and i like NodeJs so them paired is nice;)
CSS & HTML
- 10 Leading HTML5 Frameworks You’ll Find Hard to Miss - Some of them i didnt know, but i think there are some really interesting frameworks out there.
- End of global css - this is the future of a sort, especially if we are going to make components!
- Animating SVG - well it is better than a gif and it scales…
- Scally - BEM framework in SASS
DevOps, Security and other fun stuff.
- How 500px serves up over 500TB of high res photos - Interestion article on using a monolith with at few microservices on the side
- Pineapple express – when awesome service deserves recognition - I’m diggin the Pinapple, and now their service. this is truely a interesting tool/weapon.
- Supercars suck at transporting TVs (and other Azure Table Storage lessons) - Great article on choosing the right tools.
- Spidering techniques for content discovery - Great insight in to the world of PenTesting at the Yahoo security team
- Talk: architecture for a connected device+cloud app - Buidling with no fail-over or retry?
- Docker Tutorial 1-10 - someday it will be relevant for us as well
- What is Garbage collection - Garbage collection, this is useful knowlegde even when on Java.
- Uploading file to Azure Blob storage from Elixir - well i like Elixir, and i like Azure so i like this:D
LOLZ or Nize
- MakerBook - Great colleciton of free resources