- Monolithic Core vs Full Microservice Architecture - interesting article on having a Monolithic core surrounded with microservices, like 500px’s implementation
- Monolith First - I think this is interesting along the same lines as early optimizations, i think our line of work need to remember this in all aspects of our professional lifes.
- Crafted Design - a less academic edition of Robert C. Martin’s talk Architecture – The Lost Years.. more practical and filled with concrete examples.
- The Heart of Agile with Alistar Cockburn - GOTO NIGHTS on Agile Monday, June 8, 2015
Ideas, Thoughts and process
- CRITICAL SKILLS FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER TO FEW PEOPLE TALK ABOUT - There are many discussions of what you should learn or need to know as a software developer. Most of the time these discussions are about technical stuff, like IDEs, programming languages, patterns, tools and so on.
- Licensstyring og licensaudits - Dansk IT published a guide in danish, maybe it is useful?
- Build a Minimum Loveable Product - great idea, and i think it is applicable for us as well
- Why Open Source Works for LinkedIn - A great article, “all starts by making your engineers better. They will grow in their craft by having their work exposed to the entire community.”
Podcast & Videos
- Velocity Conference - This is a great conference with a lot of knowlegde on build resilient systems at scale, Remember that to much infrastructure is worse than to little.
- Ensuring a Performant Web for the Next Billion People - Bruce Lawson Keynote - SEE THIS
Software development - Pattern, Practices and architecture
- Design Patterns - a great collection of patterns, if you need inspiration.
- Welcome to the REST CookBook - a nice cookbook, so look at it if you do REST…
- Crafted Design - See the video and read this
- Merge Headache — Don’t Re-Purposes a class, create a new one - Keeping the merge process pain free is not too hard, but it does require a bit of fore thought and planning.
- http://liddellj.com/using-media-type-parameters-to-version-an-http-api/ - I really like tthis idea, though it has it problems in a REST setup, i donøt think it is that discoverable.
- Open Closed Principle - More on sOlid
- CQRS for the Common Application - don’t know, it is okay
- Introduction to Microservices - NGINX explains micropservices, so if you need another introduction this is also at good one with images and fancy colours
- Akka.net presentation from CNUG - Presentation from CNUG on Akka.Net
- Orleans and Akka Actors: A Comparison - an comparison, if you wondered.
- End-to-End Hypermedia : hoosing a Media Type. Building the Server - WEB API, REST and HATEOAS… the beginning of a great series…
- WebPack For Visual Studio Developers - WebPack is interesting! and i like the way it make a componentet carry it is own presentation and not be coupled with som eglobal style
- Azure Utilities You Should Have In Your Toolbox - Well you might need them
- Mini-Mongo - interesting thought utilizing the client as mongodb storage
- Optimistic UI with Meteor - look at the collection of technologies that Meteor provides to enable ‘Optimistic UI’ updating. This capability is crucial to user expectations for modern web apps and is fundamental to Meteor.
- React + RxJs + React-Router + Webpack + babel - A simple React application using RxJS instead of Flux. So far this is purely a way of extending justinwoo -> react-rxjs-flow with extra features.
- Polymer 1.0 Released! - i think this has something to it.
CSS & HTML
DevOps, Security and other fun stuff.
- Publishing an ASP.NET 5 app to Docker on Linux with Visual Studio - It is cool… Something we might never get to do, but it is cool.
- Docker for .NET Developers - Great videos on Docker and Visual Studio
- Docker Cheat Sheet - Cheatsheet to help you get started with docker!
- It’s time for A grade SSL on Azure websites - Getting grade A SSL
- Sometimes the Simplest Solutions are the Best Solutions - it is often the best solution
- Chapter on Http/2 - Chapter from the book high performance browser networking
LOLZ or Nize
- Love Hülten - Looks awesome!