Weekly links (* is for everyone)
My favorits (*)
- The Twelve Factors - Just in case you forgot how to write scalable and cloud ready applications
- Why is Software Design Difficult?
- How To Deliver a Great Technical Presentation - We should practice this a lot.
- 5 ways a consultant can benefit your software implementation - think these makes sense, and it is something we should remeber in relations with our customers
- Are You Making These 10 DDD Mistakes?
- IoT - you should get skills for IoT, this will be big and is already big!
- A Chatbot Is Better Than a UI for a Microservice - I lvoe this idea!
- ASP.NET 5 : Continuous Integration with Travis-CI, Tutum, Docker, Webhooks and Azure - Gooooo Lightcore!!!
Ideas, Thoughts and process*
- Tips for Dealing with Developer Stress - Good read
- Developing Organizational Focus
- Effective Learning Strategies for Programmers
- A Recipe for Building Better Things
- Beautiful UI Design for API Developer Portals
- Using Google Analytics to Drive a Browser/Device Strategy
- BLAMELESS POSTMORTEMS
- Arrows, Monads and Kleisli - wanna be functional, read here.
- Caring about coding - Boyscout rule and Broken windows…
- The 9 Circles of IT Hell
- The software testing identity crisis - Quality == Testing => Great article from the Guardian.
- 7 Software Quality Stats Scarier than Halloween
- Growing Your Tech Stack: When to Say No
- Keynote: Agile is Dead by Pragmatic Dave Thomas
- Dealing with Process Debt by Taking a First Agile Step
Software development - Best pratices, Architecture?
- Make the Magic go away. - Learn how to before using a tool that does it for you.
- To Use a Framework, Or Not? - It’s better to understand the underlying layer than become a framework specialist.
- Enterprise Architecture: Ripe for Digital Disruption - Let us disrupt everything!
- Rebuilding shutl.com using microservices and layer-7 load balancing
- Don’t learn how to write code
- 8 simple rules for avoiding microservice chaos
- 10 Ways to Write Cleaner Code
- 10 Myths about Software Testing
- Architecting an API Backend
- Improving GitHub code review
- Future Proof
- How to be a great software developer
- Service Discovery in a Microservices Architecture
- Tear Down Data Silos with Mobile Microservices
- What is Structured Programming? - asn’t it some ancient history having to do with GOTO?
- Why Private C# Variables are Not as Private as you Thought - just good to remember - Private variables are accessible from other objects of the same type.
- Survey of Entity Framework Unit of Work Patterns
- AKKA.NET CHEAT SHEET - Nice overview
- Markdown in your MVC 6 Razor Pages
- Postgresql as a Document Db for .Net Development
- 7 Things You Should Know About WebAssembly
- ServiceWorker and Progressive Networking
- Node.js Security Checklist
- Creating Offline-First Web Apps with Service Workers
- Orchestrating Callbacks
- Rabbus - Rabbitmq and Nodejs
Other Languages ?
- Building Microservices With Java
- Debugging Java Applications in Containers: No Heavy Welding Gear Required!
- Creating Resilient Software with Akka - Let’s face it: failure does happen. No matter how hard you try, there is always one more case which you did not foresee and which your testing did not reveal.
- WEBPACK 101: AN INTRODUCTION TO WEBPACK
- Flexbox For Interfaces All The Way: Tracks Case Study
- How We Hold Our Gadgets - intersting insight into ui for gadgets
- Snyk.io - Find & Fix Known Vulnerabilities in Node.js Dependencies
- Awesome AWS - Great AWS ressource.
- thumbd-Node.js/AWS/ImageMagick-based image thumbnailing service.
- Set up a smoking Git shell on Windows
- NetFlix servo
Cloud, DevOps and Security.
- 10 Tips for 10x Application Performance
- Fabio -A fast, modern, zero-conf load balancing HTTP(S) router for deploying microservices managed by consul.
- heroku/vegur - Vegur: HTTP Proxy Library
- MONITORING 100 SERVERS WITH A $5/MONTH NODE
- Monitoring with Bosun
- Migrating production services to AWS Elastic Beanstalk without downtime
- 5 rules for how NOT to talk to developers about security
- How TrueCar Uses Kafka for High Volume Logging Part 1
- Configuration management with Consul
- Use Netflix Servo API to Publish Hystrix Metrics and Custom Metrics to AWS CloudWatch
- Why every development team needs continuous delivery
- Let’s Talk About Proxies Part 1 & Part 2
- From development to production with Docker and AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Continuous Delivery with GitHub, CircleCI, Docker and AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Docker for Development: Common Problems and Solutions
- Visualizing Docker Containers and Images
- How to run 2500 webservers on a Raspberry Pi
- A Minimal Development Server with nginx and Docker
- THE OUT-OF-MEMORY-KILLER IS AFTER YOUR DOCKERIZED SERVICES
- Going Beyond Hello World Containers is Hard Stuff
- Docker libnetwork is almost here, and Calico is ready!
- Run 1,000 Docker Redis Containers In Less Than 15 Minutes On A Cluster Of 5 Cloud Servers With 2GB Of Memory Each
- HIPAA Compliant Docker Projects on AWS - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Deployment using Docker
- Introducing Conveyor: A fast build system for Docker images - Wuhuuu, it is a little hard to configure
- Captain - Convert your Git workflow to Docker :whale: containers - more wuhuu
- Shipyard - Composable Docker Management Github
- Multi-Host Docker Networking is now ready for production - while we wait for our world to catch up…
- Announcing Swarm 1.0: Production-ready clustering at any scale - while we wait for our world to catch up…
- Use Docker Swarm with a data persistence layer
- Docker 1.9 – Virtual networks, persistent storage, production-ready Swarm
- Life and Docker Networking – One Year On
- Run 10,000 Docker Containers In Less Than 45 Minutes On 30 Rackspace Cloud Servers With 4GB Of Memory Each
- Storage Backends
- Docker and Enterprise Security: Establishing Best Practices - More thing to remember when using Docker
Machine Learning, IoT and other very fancy buzzwords
- Getting Started with Tutum - I think Tutum looks promising
- From Homogeneous Monolith to Radically Heterogeneous Microservices Architecture by Chad Fowler - Yeah celluar regeneration
- When and how to use Docker
- Sydney Docker Meetup Oct 2015 - Microsoft Presentation - Microsoft und die DOcker
- Managing Docker Logs with ELK, Docker and Rancher - September 2015 Online Meetup
- Running Docker on Microsoft Azure
- Immutable Awesomeness - Josh Corman and John Willis at DevOps Enterprise Summit 2015
- AngularJS in the Enterprise – 5 Lessons from the trenches