Weekly links (* is for everyone)
My favorits (*)
- The day I became a millionaire - I like this article!
- Radical Candor — The Surprising Secret to Being a Good Boss - great article and great video
- RASPBERRY PI ZERO: THE $5 COMPUTER - Awesome, a small form-factor
- Building for HTTP/2 - Great article on http/2 and frontend assets
- Components: taking a step back from Dependency Management
- Scripts - You will need these…
- Interactive Swarms of 3D Pixels Are the Future of Programmable Matter - this is a great perspective on the furture of interfaces
- Anti-patterns for service discovery in Docker - great read on setting up your environment
- The Fall and Rise of Strategic Planning - The goal of those who promote planning is to reduce managers’ power over strategy making.
Ideas, Thoughts and process*
- Should Custom Software Developers Be Generalists or a Specialists? - interesting question.
- The Makings of Enduring Organizational Culture
- How IT Project Managers Should Be Defining “Success”
- WHY YOU SHOULD SEND YOUR DEVELOPERS TO TECH CONFERENCES
- 7 Best Practices On How To Build A Product Roadmap
- 6 Reasons Developers Should Do More Open Source Work
- The Role of an Enterprise Architect in a Lean Enterprise - good read
- Seven Tips to Plan Your Next Meeting with Clients
- How to prioritize your technical debt?
- The 5 Laws of Software Estimates
- WHY CIOS ARE DISAPPOINTED BY AGILE
- How Agile Team Working Helps to Deliver High Quality Software
Architecture & Software development practices
- How to show migration guides in GitHub Markdown - Nice trick
- Advanced Continuous Delivery Scenarios - Great article, go read it. and enjoy the diagrams!
- The Tyranny of NuGet & Re: Tyranny of NuGet
- Architecting Websites For The HTTP/2 Era
- Technical Debt is a Good Thing
- Patterns and principles of software engineering
- Do you need an ORM?
- Introduction to Refactoring - but do yourself a favor and read Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Deep Lessons From Google And EBay On Building Ecosystems Of Microservices
- Throwing an Exception Without Proper Context Is a Bad Habit
- The road to DNX Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3
- React (and Flux) with Bridge.net - Redux - look interesting, i don’t know if i’m sure i like it.
- Hoisting in .NET Explained
- Fundamentals to .NET Core 5
- Using nLog with ASP.NET vNext
- Exposing IQueryable in a CQRS Query Stack
CMS and all it friends
- Angular Style Guide
- A Simple Way to Route with Redux
- Is Injecting The $element And $event Objects An Anti-Pattern In AngularJS? - In the “Angular Way,” there is a strict separation of concerns. The Controllers aren’t supposed to know anything about the DOM (Document Object Model)
- How to create Custom Filters in AngularJS
- scoutfile - You should look into this!
- Configuring Babel 6
- Building realtime collaborative offline-first apps with React, Redux, PouchDB and WebSockets
- How to fight front-end code spaghetti?
- Reducing Single Point of Failure using Service Workers
- Virtual DOM is not an optimization - I haven’t played with React, but i think the virtual DOM is a fix for somehting that is being fixed or already is fixed. And how many dom manipulation do we really do?
- SBT Tricks - i like SBT as a build tool
- Funnel - cool
- Regular Expressions - Unicode Categories and Blocks
- Awesome Scala - Scala ressources
- Briefly on the purpose of Functors, Applicatives and Monads
- Architecting Rails Apps as Microservices
- Building Our Own Open-Source HTTP Routing Solution
- Animating Your Brand
- Display Browser Notifications from Web Application
- Creating a Web Type Lockup
- The 10 Big Web Design Trends of 2015
- betwixt - Chrome devtools as fiddler…
- What GitHub Pages, CloudFlare and AWS Lambda have in common - maybe this is the CH blog
- Fix slow nuget operation in Visual studio 2015
- mention-bot - Fancy tool from Facebook, i like it!
- Mosh - Remote terminal application that allows roaming, supports intermittent connectivity, and provides intelligent local echo and line editing of user keystrokes.
- The Art of Command Line
- Markdown by Example
- Soldering - Go read!
- Varnish Delves into Microservice Monitoring with Zipnish
- NuGet 3.3 Release
- The Official Stormpath SDK for C# and VB.NET. - Stormpath enables developers to build user authentication, user management, and security workflows quickly into their apps.
- What’s New in Visual Studio Update 1 for .NET Managed Languages
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 is now available! & Web installer
Cloud, DevOps and Security.
- Why you should understand (a little) about TCP
- 10 Tips for Understanding and Improving Your CDN Strategy - some valid advice evne from a vendor.
- Managing State across an Ant Swarm of AWS Lambda Tasks
- Inside engineering: Behind CodePen’s security and scale
- How Wistia Handles Millions Of Requests Per Hour And Processes Rich Video Analytics
- Fail at Scale & Controlling Queue Delay
- When children are breached – inside the massive VTech hack
- How Vagrant Eases Software Research and Testing
- STRUCTURED LOGGING WITH ELK - PART 1
- MOVING TOWARDS CONTINUOUS DELIVERY
- Microservices in Production: What Ops Should Know About Reactive Systems
- GitHub’s Metal Cloud
- ELK STACK 101
- Cloud Architectures with NGINX Plus - Great quick read
- Docker Orchestration – The Full Story
- Immutable Delivery
- Dynamic DNS for Docker using Containerbuddy and CloudFlare
- Microservices stack in seconds: Node.js + Docker + NoSQL
- DOING CONTINUOUS DELIVERY ON THE DCOS WITH CIRCLECI
- Caveats of running Mesos cluster in Docker containers
- How-to monitor docker - Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3
- Deploying Containers with Docker Swarm and Docker Networking
- Reusable Docker Testing Approach
Machine Learning, IoT and other very fancy buzzwords
- Re-Watch: Messaging for IoT – Virtual JBoss User Group
- Magic Mirror - Amazon Echo and AWS IoT
- A Look Inside TensorFlow, Google’s Open Source Deep Learning Framework
Videos & Podcasts
- Cloud-Scale Event Processing with the Reactive Extensions (Rx) - Bart De Smet
- PuppetConf 2015 Videos Now Available!