My favorits (*)
- Each necessary, but only jointly sufficient - I think we need to really understand this about complex systems: there is no root cause. not just as developers but as architects, Product owners, Projectmanagers, etc. and On How (Not) To Learn from Accidents and A Review of Accident Modelling Approaches for Complex Socio-Technical Systems and Human factors and folk models
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation - interesting!
- What enterprise IoT will look like in 2016 - IoT will be big, and you should at least play around with it now
- The Perfect Storm in Digital Law - go read
- Webpagetest Private Instance In 5 Minutes Or Less - a good tool to have in your toolbox
- Here’s A Crazy Idea: Automatically Pause Recurring Subscription Of Users When You Detect They Aren’t Actually Using Your App - yea why not?
- Create Licenses From The Command-line - always good to have!
- The Improvement Kata - i think this looks interesting, i like the idea of katas.
Ideas, Thoughts and process*
- 16 mobile theses
- Learning to Deal With the Impostor Syndrome
- 7 Steps to Successful Developer Onboarding & How to Measure the Effectiveness of Your Developer Program
- Music Production vs. Code Production
- Blow Your Own Trumpet
- The Recruiter Manifesto
- What Tech Leaders Look For When Hiring Developers - Via @Codeship
- My 3 Step Process To Learn New Skills As A Software Developer
- Writing For Developers - part 1 & Part 2 & Part 3
- Cooking Up Effective Technical Writing
- A Better Way To Teach Technical Skills To A Group – Miriam Posner’s Blog
- Handling Impediments: Understanding Problems
- What Is A “Collaborative Organization” Anyway?
- How To Find And Build Distributed Teams
Architecture & Software development practices
- Why The New York Times is Dogfooding its External APIs
- IS REST BEST IN A MICROSERVICES ARCHITECTURE?
- Conway’s Law And Internal Apis At The New York Times
- Building and Deploying Microservices with AWS Lambda and Semaphore
- A Curated List Of Resources For Learning About Application Security
.Net & C
- Getting Started with .NET and Docker
- Proposing A Better Template System For Asp.net 5 - looks interesting, simebody should try it
- Dockerizing a Node.js Web Application
- History of Node.js on a Timeline
- Elegant-status - Create Elegant Task Status For Cli.
- Getting started with Progressive Web Apps
- Extract & Inline Critical-path Css In Html Pages - I think this could be an awesome tool, just need to figure out how to use it with .net.
- Gluestick Is A Command Line Interface For Quickly Developing Universal Web Applications Using React.
- Why I chose to use Cycle.js
- Vue.js - Awesome Vue.jsA Curated List Of Awesome Things Related To Vue.js
- Mitigating DDoS Attacks with NGINX and NGINX Plus
- Launching nginScript and Looking Ahead
- Demo: High Availability with Kubernetes and Flocker
- Making The Migration From Logstash To Kinesis
- End Of Year Round Up Of Resharper 10 Extensions
- Why Build Scripts?
- Tail Blazer - look like something to look into
- Pinpoint Is An Open Source Apm (Application Performance Management) Tool For Large-scale Distributed Systems Written In Java.
- Elasticsearch Data Engineering
- Structured Logging With Elk - Part 1 & Structured Logging With Elk - Part 2 & Structured Logging With Elk - Part 3 - Introducing Ocelog
Cloud, DevOps and Security.
- State(-carrying) considered harmful - Computer with out state… interesting thoughts
- YAHOO TO WARN USERS OF STATE-SPONSORED ATTACKS
- Scaling Web Applications With Nginx – Part I: Load Balancing
- Botoform - Manage Infrastructure Running On Aws Using Yaml Templates.
- 5 Aws Mistakes You Should Avoid
- 10 Practical Tips for Day-to-day Docker Usage
- Using Docker To Deliver Open Source Security Tools
- Using binpack with Docker Swarm
- Docker Security Tools: Audit and Vulnerability Assessment
- Oracle Settles Into Docker Ecosystem With Stackengine Purchase
Machine Learning, IoT and other very fancy buzzwords
Videos & Podcasts
- Poke the Box - by Seth Godin
- 12 Most Influential Books Every Software Engineer Needs To ReadBy Roelljr Posted On March 16, 2015