Weekly links (* is for everyone)
My favorits (*)
- DDD: THE GOD THAT FAILED? - The applicability of DDD which is so often missed: complicated domains. Some software doesn’t even have a domain, let alone a complicated one. Therefore, DDD is not universally applicable. i think that i the smell i could smell but couldn’t formulate.
- READ THIS GOOGLE EMAIL ABOUT TIME MANAGEMENT STRATEGY - A GOOGLE EMPLOYEE TEACHES HIS COLLEAGUES HOW TO BLOCK OUT INTERRUPTIONS AND SET ASIDE “MAKE TIME.” great idea!
- Semantic method naming - sometimes naming is easy;) well i like this approach.
- Why I’m not using your open source project - Great article especially if you consume OSS you should read it so you don’t get into problems with legal and old stuff
- What I’ve learned from monitoring four years of web page bloat - what can we do=?
- FiraCode - this is pretty awesome, i use in in VS and i think code is more readable now.
- Why Ford’s CIO is shifting gears to bimodal IT - I think Bi-modal/ambidexterity is important, IT and the businessshould be one. IT is not a service it is a product and strategy.
- A PRODUCT IS MORE THAN GOOD CODE
- Leveling Up Your Organization With System Reviews - i would love to try this out!
Ideas, Thoughts and process*
- Middleware-as-a-service turns enterprise integration on its head - interesting stuff
- 3 Considerations for Enterprise Content Management
- Move Fast and Fix Things
- IDEO’s Employee Engagement Formula
- Cooking Up Effective Technical Writing
- Avoiding The Politics of Code Review
- Agility is a Strategy, Agile is a Tactic
- Demoralize Your Teams Quickly And Efficiently With Micromanagement
- Combining User Story Mapping with Domain-Driven Design
Architecture & Software development practices
.Net & C
- What I Learned After A Week of Visual Studio Code and ASP.NET 5
- The Era of Portable .NET’
- Code Tip: Simpler Performance Timer Logging in C#
CMS and all it friends
- The Neophyte’s Guide to Scala - I think you should try Scala.
- Top 5 UX Trends Every Web Designer Should Know
- Upping Your Web Security Game
- The web accessibility basics
- What Progressive Web Apps Mean for the Web
- Beyond the Style Guide
- Animated Map Path for Interactive Storytelling
- Animating Clipped Elements In SVG
- Good Bots vs. Bad Bots
- Angular Material?
- Updating the .NET target framework for many projects
- Understand the complexity and maintainability of your code using Code Metrics in Visual Studio – Class Coupling
- Taking Let’s Encrypt for a Spin
- How NATS, a REST Alternative, Provides Messaging for Distributed Systems
- Kinto — Store, Sync, Share, and Self-Host. - Firebase like
- NATS - looks interesting
- Browser Sync
- Installing the Unreal Engine in Visual Studio
- Angular 2 Beta
- Introducing Arbiter: A Utility for Generating Oozie Workflows
Cloud, DevOps and Security.
- Lattice - Resilient sub-structure for your microservice
- Effortless Docker Swarm Clusters
- Docker Bridge and Overlay Network with Compose Variable Substitution
- Authentication and Policy Enforcement for Docker Images
- Tame your test environment with Docker Compose
- Docker + Solr How-to: Monitoring the Official Solr Docker Image
- What Does the Docker Daemon Log Contain?
- Continuous Integration and Delivery with Docker Trusted Registry on Microsoft Azure
- Deploying Secure Web Applications on the Rackspace Cloud with Carina and Docker
- RAILS + DOCKER + VAGRANT + TRAVISCI IN DEVELOPMENT
- Thoughts on Docker
- Developing With Docker - The Debug Container
- RUNNING A DISTRIBUTED DOCKER SWARM ON AWS
- Atlassian Orchestration with Docker: multi-host support for the win!
- Docker Swarm Cluster using Consul
Machine Learning, IoT and other very fancy buzzwords
Videos & Podcasts
- Visual Studio ALM Test Planning and Management Guidance
- How to read more books
Made me Laugh, Cry or just news.*
- Beautiful Open