Weekly links (* is for everyone)
My favorits (*)
- The what and why of product experimentation at Twitter - A/B Testing, decision-making, and innovation.
- Service Locator violates encapsulation - Service Locator violates encapsulation in statically typed languages because it doesn’t clearly communicate preconditions. Just try no to use Service Locator!
- Upstart - The Yoga of Rookie Success - on being up to date
- Microphone - this is awesome! and consul.io is easy to setup using docker ;) this will be something we could use.
- JanOS - This is brilliant!
- Akka.NET: What is an Actor? - Just incase you wanna know, Actors is a “shortcut” to Reactive systems. they have nice bondaries!
Ideas, Thoughts and process*
- How Open Source Communities Powers Docker and the Container Ecosystem
- CIOs turn to cloud-based analytics to manage IT asset costs
- Programming Is Not A Dying Profession
- The Top Non-Coding Skill For Developers: Knowing the Right Tool For the Job
- These are the world’s most creative countries - only number 5…
- What Is Your Superpower?
- Setting IT goals and making them matter
- Five Things Old Programmers Should Remember
- How to Address Your Coworker’s Bad Code (Part 1) - We alle write bad code, it is part of learning and evolving.
- 6 business lessons of Rock, Paper, Scissors
- PRODUCT OR PROJECT FOCUSED
- Why User Stories Fail
- Complexity budgets
- YOU CAN’T BUILD AN MVP
- Agile is not now, nor was it ever, Waterfall. - Uncle Bob…
Software development - Best pratices, Architecture?
- Relax. Everyone’s Code Rots
- Factory Pattern
- Reactive Extensions (Rx)
- Running a .NET app against a Postgres database in Docker
- Developing Test Automation Scripts and Automation Frameworks
- Microservice Design Patterns
- Building Microservices With Java
- Do Programmers Practice Computer Science?
- The Power, Patterns, and Pains of Microservices
- Modern backend (BaaS) frameworks - an overview of Usergrid, LoopBack, Para, BaasBox, Deployd and Telepat
- Build it, Use it, Destroy it!
- Correlation Id Scope
- Null Object Pattern - Friends don’t let friends retrun null, i like Scala’s Option implementation using some and none.
- Nulls Break Polymorphism
- Why following software design best practices decreases code complexity - interesting…
- Organizational network analysis with Linkurious - Another use for Graph db’s
- Detecting Earthquakes with Twitter and Elasticsearch - Awesome!
- Starting Akka.net - You know i love the actor model…
- Modelling Actor Behaviors in Akka.NET
- Using Lazy and ConcurrentDictionary to ensure a thread-safe, run-once, lazy-loaded collection
- Integrating Visual Studio Code with dnx-watch to develop ASP.NET 5 applications
- Simple Service implementation with CSLA .NET
- Know your Node.js (and VS Code)
- ServiceWorker: Revolution of the Web Platform
- 5 Tips, how to survive the rise of the ‘front end’ engineer hipster?
- 5 Steps Toward Modern Enterprise Development
- The viability of JS frameworks on mobile
- Front-end Developer Handbook
- Lazy Loading Images on the Web
- 6 NODE.JS MODULES YOU SHOULD BE USING - Also relevant for the frontend
Other Languages ?
- Twitter on Scala - Great place to start besides the book we have
- Finagle - Twitter RPC to create concurrent distributed systems
- Effective Scala - More on learning
- Functional Reactive Programming in Java
- Regular Expression Lookahead and Lookbehind - it might be a bug, but it is a powerful tool.
- Dockerizing Scala - This is quite cool, i like SBT! Dockerize everything (except SC it can’t or won’t)
- Scala styleguides - Scalastyle - Scala style checker, Databricks Scala Guide, PayPal Scala Style Guidelines
- Scala Best Practices - I actually thing we should have something like this for C# in Codehouse
- Gentle Introduction to Hystrix: Hello World - This is a great tool from NetFlix!
- Reactive Trends on the JVM - You should learn more about Reactive, this is a part of why microservices make sense!
- Letting People in the Door. How and why to get 2s page loads.
- Trix - A rich text editor for everyday writing
- PostCSS Deep Dive: Preprocessing with “PreCSS”
- Hacking Your Webpage’s Head Tags for Speed and Profit
- Instagram filters using CSS
- Using PostCSS Together with Sass, Stylus, or LESS
- It’s happening - OpenSSH for Windows…from Microsoft - Nice though i has it’s small problems…
- Diving Into ASP.NET 5 Beta 8? Don’t forget the web tools!
- C# Pad
- 7 Simple Tricks to Become a Git Wizard - Remember to see the deep dive in to Git!
Cloud, DevOps and Security.
- Montoring 101 - Collectiong the right data
- Twistlock and the Future of Container Security
- Eagle: Is your Hadoop Data Secured?
- Graph Databases in the Enterprise: Network & IT Operations
- How Docker Stepped up the Game for Containers
- Docker and Enterprise Security: Establishing Best Practices
- Swarm v. Fleet v. Kubernetes v. Mesos
- The World is Programmable With Containers
Machine Learning, IoT and other very fancy buzzwords
- JanOS - This is brilliant!
- Detecting Fraud Using Benford’s Law: Mathematical Details
- Innovation and Large-Scale IT, with Mark Sunday, CIO, Oracle - interesting
- Keynote: One Hacker Way - Erik Meijer - In case you didn’t catch this the first time
- Deep Dive into Git - You need to see this, it gives great insight into Git
- David Fowler - ASP.NET 5 Deconstructed