Weekly links (* is for everyone)
My favorits (*)
- You should use [insert library/framework], it’s the bestestest! - Great talk! again about using the rigth tool for the job…
- RECONSIDER - Unicorns is it something to aspire for?
- WHY SHOULD A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER WORK FOR YOUR COMPANY? - another perspective on hiring developers
- The Hidden Benefits of Open-Sourcing Internal Projects - LETS GO!
- Instant Loading Web Apps With An Application Shell Architecture - Great article on using serviceworkers to enhance performance of websites
- Docker + Minecraft = Dockercraft - Just AWESOME!
- Announcing .NET Core and ASP.NET 5 RC - Just Yeah!
Ideas, Thoughts and process*
- In Search of a Reactive Framework (or: How we select new technologies
- Refactoring is a Development Technique, Not a Project
- The Unfinished Business of Organizational Transformation
- 10 Typical Mistakes in Product Specs
- Constant Change is the New Normal
- Why “Open Source First”
- Developing a Collaboration Culture
- Published Patterns - there is a lot of interesting stuff here, i think you all should look here!
- The Core Idea of Agile
- Agile Teams — where to start?
Software development practices
- Refactoring to an Adaptive Model
- Complexity & * Practices
- Build a simple distributed system using AWS Lambda, Python, and DynamoDB
- The Programmer’s Oath
- Optimizing Load Balancing in PLINQs with ReSharper Ultimate - interesting stuff
- Cadru - Cadru is a utility framework,
- OpenCover - A code coverage tool for .NET 2 and above, support for 32 and 64 processes with both branch and sequence points.
- Back to the Future with a Tag Helper
- Coding MineCraft
- Getting Started With RethinkDB and ASP.NET 5
- Localized routes with ASP.NET 5 and MVC 6
- USING ELASTICSEARCH WITH ASP.NET 5 DNXCORE50
- Build an App with Vue.js: From Authentication to Calling an API - looks interesting
- Using a work queue
- Spying on James Bond with Node.js
- 5 Performance Tips for Node.js Applications
- Async await in AngularJS
- The Cost of Frameworks
- instantsearch.js: Everything you need for great search in one library
Other Languages ?
- SCALA : FUTURES /PROMISES AND MORE - come on you know you want to
- Null has no type, but Maybe has
- What forces layout / reflow - you should always look here when you are doing performant frontend!
- Best Practices for a New Go Developer
- Everything you need to know about state machines - Do you have code that updates these objects from one state to another?
- Visual Studio Code - NEW FEATURE: Yo Code - Streamlined Customizations for VS Code
- Element UI
- The Difference Between Responsive and Adaptive Design - just in case you wondered
- Critical CSS and Performance - good to know stuff
- Writing CSS on Growing Teams
- Misused mobile UX patterns
- Making a Progressive App with ServiceWorker
- Loading Web Fonts with the Web Font Loader
- Multi-level menu - Fancy stuff
- PowerShell : Get Directions using Google Map API
- Firefox’s New Memory Tool
- Trace your Application Insights events inside Visual Studio Diagnostic tools
- STUPS - The STUPS platform is a set of tools and components to provide a convenient and audit-compliant Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for multiple autonomous teams on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Git Credential Manager for Windows
- VS Code v0.10.1 (November - Beta 2015) - it is now open sourced!
Cloud, DevOps and Security.
- PaaSTA - Build, Deploy, Connect, and Monitor Services
- SmartStack - Service Discovery in the Cloud
- Infrastructure as Code – part 1 – Provisioning
- Continuous Delivery: putting pressure on your skills, but in a good way
- Azure Runbook – A complete (simple) example
- Monitoring at Spotify: The Story So Far
- Monitoring at Spotify: Introducing Heroic
- Infrastructure as Code – part 2 – Virtual Machines
- Global Continuous Delivery with Spinnaker - This looks interesting! Github
- Better Together: Amazon ECS and AWS Lambda
- Copenhagen, Denmark: CloudFlare’s 65th data center
- Benchmarking Cloud Provider Performance
- Bitnami’s New Stacksmith Delivers Preloaded Docker Containers
- Getting Started with Docker Toolbox and Compose
- Kernel Load-Balancing for Docker Containers Using IPVS - interesting stuff
- Dockercon EU: Software Testing with Docker
- CoreOS Introduces Clair: Open Source Vulnerability Analysis for your Containers Github
- ASP.Net 5 Coreclr rc1
Machine Learning, IoT and other very fancy buzzwords
- Print Customized Circuit Boards With Voltera 3D - we should get one!
- BBC Micro:Bit
- Off The Shelf Hacker: “Hello World,” Raspberry Pi Style
Videos & Podcasts
- Software architecture as code
- Composition over Inheritance - one of the rules from GoF..
- You should use [insert library/framework], it’s the bestestest! - Great talk!
- Radical Agility with Autonomous Teams - Zalando, interesting insight in to their organization
- Microservice Design with Paul Mooney
- The Serverless Company: Using AWS Lambda, Slides -AWS Lambda, i think these are interesting… like worker roles
- Chrome Dev Summit 2015